- About Us
- Awards & Accolades
- Service, Pricing & Selection
- Local Events
- Contact Us
- Store Locations
- Staff Directory
- Jobs / Employment
K&L Email Alerts
Sign up to receive custom alerts, new arrivals and the latest happenings from K&L Wines
- Special K&L Dinners and Tastings
- Saturday Tastings
- Wednesday Evening Spirits Tasting
- Hollywood Thursday Night Tastings
- San Francisco Thursday Night Tastings
- Redwood City Thursday Night Beer Tastings
- San Francisco Friday Night Tastings
- Redwood City Friday Night Tastings
- Other Events and Resources
- Store Locations and Contact Information
Special K&L Dinners and Tastings
- April 20: Montfaucon and Gardette Dinner @ Los Balcones - April 20th, 2017 8:00-10PM
- Rudi des Pins of Montfaucon and Jean Baptiste Meunier of Moulin de la Gardette will be here in LA to pour a very special, intimate dinner for K&L customers. This is a unique opportunity to learn about some of the most beloved producers at K&L and meet the people behind the wines. Enjoy an incredible dinner next store at Los Balcones while chatting with JB and Rudi. These two southern Rhone winemakers are iconic in their regions and we will have them both here at once to chat, chill, eat and drink with you.
We will taste all the current vintage offerings from each producer, plus a couple of special, not yet released, 2015’s. Of course, you can expect some surprise back vintage bottles will be pulled out of the cellar as well. Thanks to our incredible friends at Los Balcones, the dinner is only $65 per person all inclusive, including tax and gratuity. Space is extremely limited, so don't wait to purchase your tickets here: http://www.klwines.com/p/i?i=1299428
- April 21: Winemaker Dinner w/ Chateau Montfaucon & Moulin de la Gardette, Friday April 21st 7pm, @ Mathilde - Two of our favorite Rhone producers will be in San Francisco for one day only! Join us for a special tasting at the San Francisco store at 6pm followed by dinner at Mathilde Restaurant at 7pm. Wines presented during the in store tasting are as follows: 2014 Gardette Tradition 2015 Baron de Montfaucon CDR Blanc 2010 Ch Montfaucon CDR 1.5L 2014 Ch Montfaucon CDR Wines presented over the three course dinner at Mathilde will be as follows: 2014 Montfaucon Clairette VV "Madame de Comtesse" Blanc 2014 Moulin de la Gardette Tradition 2013 Baron Louis Lirac 2014 Moulin de la Gardette Ventebran 2014 Baron de Montfaucon CDP 2009 Baron Louis (1.5L) 2007 Baron Louis 2015 Moulin de la Gardette Tradition $110 per person plus tax. Limited seating available. http://www.klwines.com/p/i?i=1299747
All tastings are from noon to 3pm in San Francisco, 1 to 4pm in Redwood City and 3 to 5:30pm in Hollywood - No Person Under 21 Permitted in Tasting Bar.
- April 22: Central Coast Wines: Part 2
San Francisco and Redwood City will be pouring:
2016 L'Union Sacré "Belle de Nuit" Santa Barbara County Gewurztraminer $15.99
2016 Tatomer Edna Valley Pinot Noir Rosé $23.99
2016 Alloy Wine Works "Tin City" Central Coast Rosé (500ml Can) $6.49
2016 Tablas Creek "Dianthus" Paso Robles Rosé $27.99
2015 Claiborne & Churchill "Classic-Estate" Edna Valley Pinot Noir $23.99
2013 Sans Liege "En Gedi-Santa Barbara Highlands Vineyard" Santa Barbara County Grenache $44.99
2013 Lost Blues "Good Fences" Santa Maria Valley Syrah/Grenache $39.99
2014 Beckmen "Estate Purisima Mountain" Ballard Canyon Syrah $27.99
2014 Stolpman "Estate" Ballard Canyon Syrah $26.99
2014 Ancient Peaks/K&L Wine Merchants Paso Robles Zinfandel $14.99
2015 Adelaida "Estate" Adelaida District Zinfandel $21.99
Hollywood will be featuring:
2014 L'Union Sacré "La Passion Du Diable-Star Lane Vineyard" Santa Ynez Valley Cabernet Sauvignon $44.99
2013 Sans Liege "Long Way Home" Santa Barbara County Syrah $26.99
2015 Herman Story "Nuts & Bolts" California Syrah $47.99
2016 Amplify Wines "Camp 4 Vineyard" Santa Ynez Valley Carignane $21.99
2012 Qupé Santa Barbara County Syrah $24.99
2014 Melville "Estate" Sta. Rita Hills Pinot Noir $29.99
2014 Loring Wine Company "Clos Pepe" Sta. Rita Hills Pinot Noir $42.99
2016 Tablas Creek "Patelin de Tablas" Paso Robles Rosé $24.99
2013 Jaffurs Santa Barbara County Grenache $34.99
2014 Dragonette Happy Canyon Sauvignon Blanc $24.99
Line-up subject to change. Walk-in tasting. $20 tasting fee.
- April 29: Wines of the Rhone Valley
- Hollywood will be featuring:
NV Domaine Remy Nodin Saint Peray Blanc de Blancs Extra Brut $27.99
2015 Clos de la Bonnette "Roches d'Arbuel" Condrieu $49.99
2014 Domaine des Remizières "Cuvée Emilie" Hermitage Blanc $49.99
2015 Cave de Rasteau "Dame Victoria" Rasteau $13.99
2015 Domaine Viticole "Malmont" Côtes du Rhône $18.99
2011 Domaine Le Colombier "Cuvée G" Vacqueyras $19.99
2015 Domaine Rémy Nodin "Guilherand" Saint-Joseph $29.99
2013 Bernard Levet "Les Journaries" Côte-Rôtie $54.99
2012 Domaine Lionnet "Terre Brulée" Cornas $46.99
2010 E. Guigal Châteauneuf-du-Pape $39.99
2007 Château de Beaucastel Châteauneuf-du-Pape $109.99
Line-up subject to change. Walk in tasting. $20 to taste.
- May 6: Champagne in all three stores! $20.00
- All three stores will have a pre-Mother's Day Champagne tasting!
San Francisco will feature:
"A journey through the Marne Valley"
NV Fallet-Dart "Grand Selection" Brut-$34.99 ($69.99-1.5L)
NV Bruno Michel "Blanche" Brut-$49.99
NV A.D. Coutelas "Cuvee 1809" Brut-$59.99
NV Jacquesson "Cuvee 739" Extra Brut-$59.99
2008 Fallet-Dart Vintage Brut-$49.99
NV Fallet-Dart Brut Rose-$34.99
A.D Coutelas "Elixir" Brut Rose-$34.99
2008 Alexandre Le Brun "Cuvee Dilection" Brut Rose-$99.99
Lineup subject to change.
- May 13: Bordeaux in all three stores-$20.00 - All three stores will feature 2014 and 2015 Bordeaux with an older vintage pick or two!
- May 20: Burgundy in all three stores. $20.00 - All three stores will feature brand new releases of red and white Burgundy. We will include affordable picks and cellar selections with a highlight upon the 2014 reds and the 2015 whites.
Wednesday Evening Spirits Tasting
San Francisco - Wednesday Night Spirits Tastings from 5-6:30pm - No Person Under 21 Permitted in Tasting Bar.
- April 26: A Tasting with Venus Spirits
Venus Spirits Aquavit Blend #1 (750ml) $32.99
Venus Spirits Batch #1 Gin (750ml) $29.99
Venus Spirits Batch #2 Barrel Aged Gin (750ml) $36.99
Hollywood Thursday Night Tastings
Hollywood - Thursdays from 5:30 to 7:00pm - No Person Under 21 Permitted in Tasting Bar.
- April 20: Meet the Winemakers: Château de Montfaucon and Moulin de la Gardette
- Rudi des Pins of Montfaucon and Jean Baptiste Meunier of Moulin de la Gardette will be here in LA to pour a very special, intimate dinner for K&L customers. But space is extremely limited, so first, we will have them in the store to pour a tasting for everyone who doesn’t have the chance to make it to the dinner. This is a unique opportunity to learn about some of the most beloved producers at K&L and meet the people behind the wines.
We will be pouring the following:
1291603 2015 Baron de Montfaucon Côtes du Rhône Blanc $14.99
1275653 2014 Château de Montfaucon Côtes du Rhône $11.99
1114702 2010 Château de Montfaucon Côtes du Rhône (1.5L) $29.99
1282459 2014 Moulin de la Gardette "Tradition" Gigondas $24.99
1282458 2014 Moulin de la Gardette "Cuvée Ventabren" Gigondas $34.99
Disclaimer: Walk-in only. Line-Up Subject to Change. *Last ticket sold at 7:15pm. Tasting ends promptly at 7:30PM.
- April 27: Direct Import Thursday - Champagne
- Part of what makes K&L so unique is our Direct Import program. Our buyers seek out producers that we love, support and believe in and bring their wines here to California, cutting out the middle man and bringing us incredible values. This month we will focus on one of our most comprehensive DI portfolios, Champagne. Let our Champagne expert, Diana, pour you a tasting focusing on different grand cru of Champagne.
We will be featuring the following:
Michel Arnould "Reserve" Brut Verzenay Champagne $32.99
2009 Pierre Mineral Blanc de Blancs Brut Champagne $39.99
Pierre Paillard "Les Parcelles" Bouzy Grand Cru $48.99
Franck Bonville Brut Rosé Champagne $39.99
*Line-up subject to change. Walk-in only. $5 to taste.
- May 11: The Withers - Cool climate wines from the Sonoma Coast and Sierra Foothills
San Francisco Thursday Night Tastings
San Francisco Store - Thursdays from 5 to 6:30pm - No Person Under 21 Permitted in Tasting Bar.
- April 20: A Tasting with Ridge Vineyards - $5
- 2015 Ridge Vineyards "Estate" Santa Cruz Mountains Chardonnay $52.99
- 2015 Ridge Vineyards "Benito Dusi Ranch" Paso Robles Zinfandel $32.99
- 2015 Ridge Vineyards "Geyserville-50th Anniversary" Alexander Valley Zinfandel $37.99
- 2015 Ridge "East Bench" Dry Creek Valley Zinfandel $32.99
- 2014 Ridge Vineyards "Estate" Santa Cruz Mountains Cabernet Sauvignon $54.99
- 2014 Ridge Vineyards "Estate" Santa Cruz Mountains Merlot $49.99
- April 27: Champagne Charles de Cazanove Tasting -$5
Charles de Cazanove Brut Champagne $26.99
Charles de Cazanove 1er Cru Brut Champagne $34.99
2006 Charles de Cazanove "Millésimé" Brut Champagne $44.99
Charles de Cazanove Brut Rosé Champagne $34.99
- May 4: Ideal North America Specializing in Greek and Turkish wines.
- May 11: The Withers - Cool climate wines from the Sonoma Coast and Sierra Foothills
- May 18: Antech Limoux
- May 25: Fort Ross Vineyards -$5
- June 1: Marietta Cellars - $5
Redwood City Thursday Night Beer Tastings
Redwood City - Thursday Night Beer Tastings from 5-6:30pm - No Person Under 21 Permitted in Tasting Bar.
- April 20: Thirsty Thursdays: Eagle Rock Brewing
- This week we will taste the brews of Eagle Rock with buyer Jim Boyce. Lineup is as follows:
Eagle Rock Brewery "Yearling" Sour Ale aged in Wine Barrels, California (375ml) $9.99
Eagle Rock Brewery "Zaigermeister" Sour Blonde Ale w/ Pluots & Mangoes, California (500ml) $11.99
Eagle Rock / Los Angeles Ale Works "Lé Banquet Biére" Harvest Saison, California (500ml) $9.99
Eagle Rock Brewery "Woodwork Project Batch #003 - Cerveza Frambuesa" Sour Blonde Ale aged on Raspberries, California (500ml) $11.99
Eagle Rock Brewery "La Suerte" Imperial Mexican Stout w/ Chocolate, Vanilla, Flaked Maize, Chile, & Cinnamon, California (16oz cans) $6.49
Eagle Rock Brewery "Red Velvet" Imperial Red Rye Ale, California (16oz cans) $6.49
Eagle Rock Brewery "Mosaic Canyon" Session IPA, California (16oz cans) $3.69
Walk-in only. Lineup subject to change. $5 to taste.
- April 27: Thirsty Thursdays: Cleophus Quealy with Brewer Dan Watson
Lineup posted week of the event. Stay tuned!
- May 4: Thirsty Thursdays - Lineup posted week of the event. Stay tuned!
- May 11: Thirsty Thursdays - Lineup posted week of the event. Stay tuned!
- May 18: Thirsty Thursdays - Lineup posted week of the event. Stay tuned!
San Francisco Friday Night Tastings
San Francisco - Friday Night Tastings from 5-6:30pm - No Person Under 21 Permitted in Tasting Bar.
- April 21: Château de Montfaucon Tasting - $5
- 2015 Baron de Montfaucon Côtes du Rhône Blanc $14.99
- 2014 Moulin de la Gardette "Tradition" Gigondas $24.99
- Château de Montfaucon Clairette "Vin de Mme la Comtesse" Côtes du Rhône Vieilles Vignes Blanc $29.99
- 2014 Château de Montfaucon Côtes du Rhône $11.99
- 2010 Château de Montfaucon Côtes du Rhône (1.5L) $29..99
- April 28: "Jolly good friends" Beer Tasting - $5
Featuring Jolly Pumpkin Collaboration beers
- Jolly Pumpkin Artisan Ales / Anchorage Brewing "Calabaza Boreal" Sour Ale Collaboration, Michigan 750ml $15.99
- Jolly Pumpkin Artisan Ales / Anchorage Brewing "No Ka 'Oi" Sour Ale w/ Raspberries & Lime Peel, Michigan (750ml) $15.99
- Jolly Pumpkin Artisan Ales / Monkish Brewing "Apocolocynposis" Sour Ale w/ Blackberries & Lime, Michigan (750ml) $15.99
- Jolly Pumpkin Artisan Ales / Monkish Brewing "Cucurbitophobia" Sour Ale w/ Blood Orange & Spices, Michigan (750ml) $15.99
- Jolly Pumpkin Artisan Ales / Holy Mountain "Smashed, Grabed, Hop Dusted" Sour Ale, Michigan (750ml) $15.99
- Jolly Pumpkin Artisan Ales / Maui Brewing Company "Sobrehumano Palena'ole" Red Ale Brewed with Liliko'i and Cherries, Hawaii 750ml $15.99
Redwood City Friday Night Tastings
Redwood City Store - Fridays from 5 to 6:30pm - No Person Under 21 Permitted in Tasting Bar.
- April 21: Gut Hermannsberg
- This Friday we feature the wines of Gut Hermannsberg—one of our favorite producers from the Nahe, Germany. The holdings of Gut Hermannsberg are among some of the best sites in the Nahe, and all of their fruit comes from Erste Lage sites.
2015 Gut Hermannsberg Blanc de Blanc Sekt Nahe (Dry) $19.99
2014 Gut Hermannsberg Weisser Burgunder Nahe (Dry) $19.99
2015 Gut Hermannsberg Riesling Trocken Nahe (Dry) $14.99
2013 Gut Hermannsberg Riesling Kabinett Nahe (Off Dry) $19.99
2012 Gut Hermannsberg Kupfergrube Grosses Gewächs (Dry) $54.99
2015 Winzergenossenschaff Konigschaffhausen Grauer Burgunder (Pinot Gris) Baden $14.99
Walk-in only. Lineup subject to change. $5 to taste.
- April 28: Launois Champagne - One of our most popular Direct Import Champagne producers, Launois continues to delight year after year! Join us this Friday to celebrate a fantastic lineup from one of our favorites.
- May 5: Wines of Portugal
- May 12: Honig Wines
- May 19: Greek Wines
Other Events and Resources
Want to Put on Your Own Event? Here are a few people who can take your concept and craft it into an exceptional experience for you and your guests:
- Courtney Cochran - Courtney Cochran is the Founder & Principal of San Francisco-based wine consultancy Your Personal Sommelier as well as HIP TASTES Events, through which she offers fun and stylish wine tastings to the general public in San Francisco. Courtney holds her sommelier certification from the International Sommelier Guild and the American Court of Master Sommeliers. She has been profiled as a hip young sommelier in Vogue magazine, Daily Candy, and Business Week Online. Read more and contact Courtney at CourtneyCochran.com and HipTastes.com
- Don Davis (Uncorked Events) - Whether you are learning to pair champagne with food in an intimate sit-down gathering, attending a Pinot Noir tasting at a new art gallery or at a majestic company party in the heart of Napa Valley, Don can put together a great event for you. With years of experience at putting together some of SF's most lavish events, Don will help you customize something special. Read more and contact Don at 415.307.6235.
There's a web site out there listing local wine events in your neighborhood, whether you live in the SF Bay Area, the east coast, or somewhere in between. Now they're even listing international events! Visit localwineevents.asp for more information.